- Smalish bug fixes
- You can now control the 'summary' section from the Blogger web interface! Just set the 'page jump' where you want the summary to end (see here)
Nov 2, 2011
- Fixed a syncing problem with Newer builds of RapidWeaver
Feb 25, 2011
- Fixes a nasty crasher
- Improves disqus commenting
- This is version 2.01 -- that means I have put out so many improvements since 1.0 launch I ran out of numbers! That being said it's not a massive change over 1.98
- Converted to 'new style' disqus
- Fixed a problem editing remote posts
- Fixed a problem where an ampersand (&) would be mangled if it was in the title of a post
Version 1.98 Nov 26, 2010
- Free upgrade to all RapidBlog users
- Improved compatability with RW5
Version 1.96 Aug 1, 2010
- Fixed a problem with summary view.
Version 1.95 March 25, 2010
- Fixed syncing problem with Blogger.
Version 1.94 March 24, 2010
- Fixed a problem where RapidBlog wouldn't load because of new Google elements.
- Fixed a problem with Disqus comment positioning.
Version 1.93 Jan 18, 2010
- Fixed a problem where RapidBlog would not save the registration information.
Version 1.92 Jan 12, 2010
- Fixed summary views for recent builds of RW
- Changed PEAR to LHPEAR to work around some web hosts
- Removed the word 'Archive' from the drop down archive list.
Version 1.89 Oct 16, 2009
- Fixes problems with geotagged blog posts
- Other misc fixes.
Version 1.86 Sept 13, 2009
- Should fix the 'slow typing' problem with RapidWeaver® 4.3 and Leopard (Snow Leopard folks never saw this)
- If you continue to have any problems with RapidBlog on either Leopard or Snow Leopard let me know!
Version 1.85 Sept 3, 2009
- Fixes a file loading problem some people were having. If you still have problems loading RW Files contact support
Version 1.84 Sept 1, 2009
- Fix warnings in Snow Leopard.
Version 1.83 Aug 27, 2009
- Snow Leopard Compatibility Fixes.
Version 1.82 June 28, 2009
- Fixes an error some of you were having in certain configurations.
Version 1.81 June 25, 2009
- New Commenting options. You can now select 'Disqus' or 'JS-Kit' (Js-Kit was always possible via the interblog feature, Disqus is brand new and pretty slick!). This brings the total number of commenting options for RapidBlog to four (Blogger, Haloscan, JS-Kit, Disqus)
Version 1.80 June 1, 2009
- Several fixes for summary mode with categories and bullet lists.
Version 1.79 May 5, 2009
- In what is perhaps the most often requested feature RapidBlog now supports custom summaries. To use select the text you want to show as a summary and hit the 'summary' button -- It'll turn a light blue which is the hint that this is the summary text (to clear the summary use the normal rapidweaver clear formatting from the edit menu). If you don't explicitly select a summary RapidBlog will default back to behavior close to the old one
- Added a div wrapper around summary text "blog-entry-summary" to allow styling of summaries differntly then main body text.
- you can now specify a custom domain by entering the full domain including the trailing slash in the setup (e.g. instead of entering your blog name enter http://myblog.mydomain.com/ ) Make sure to have both the http and the trailing /
Version 1.77 March 18, 2009
- Fixed a problem with the older post links at the bottom of the page not properly bring up older posts
Version 1.76 Feb 24, 2009
- Fixed a problem with Safari 4.0 Beta
- Fixed a problem where some servers with particularly restrictive settings wouldn't work
- Changed the php bug work around to also include 5.2.5 (previously it only applied to 5.2.6)
- Fixed a problem where the addthis widget stopped working
Version 1.75 Feb 8, 2009
- Various bug fixes including a problem for some folks running PHP 5
- Added a nifty new "ajaxy" feature -- You can now specify that clicking on categories & archives brings only reloads the content and doesn't reload the entire page for a cleaner experience -- enable this in the settings (general tab under sidebar)
- Archives can now be grouped in a nice drop down list -- Useful if you have a lot of archives
- Fixed a problem caused by 1.69. My apologies for anyone who used 1.69 but you'll need to download 1.70 and re-publish the RapidBlog page(s). Beyond fixing the problem I also now only apply the 'work around' if you have PHP 5.2.6 which should help remove any other potential problems.
- Added a work around for a PHP bug in PHP 5.2.6 version (See the details of the PHP bug click here). This bug caused formatting in HTML posts to be lost because of the stripping of < and > characters
Version 1.67 Nov 23, 2008
- Reverted back to the old way of exporting. With RapidWeaver 4.2 I had to make changes to be compatible. RapidWeaver 4.2.1 went back to the 'old' way so I reversed the RapidBlog changes as they caused some people problems.
- Removed some warnings that occurred on some servers.
- New Date Format added: dd-mm-YYYY
- Archive months will now behave a bit better if you don't post frequently
Version 1.66 Nov 5, 2008
- Support for RapidWeaver 4.2
- Added Sparkle Support
- Fixed a problem where the hide/show script always defaulted to the wrong state when a page was first displayed for IE
- Added a few new date formats work around a windows server bug
- Fixed a validation error
- Fixed a problem where comments and permalinks were broken after a blogger change
- Fixed a problem where RapidBlog would mistakenly put a dialog up asking if you really wanted to make a change
Version 1.62 August 6, 2008
- Fixed a problem with ‘show/hide’ script in IE6
- Fixed a problem with how dates were set in the blog
Version 1.60 July 1, 2008
- Fixed the problem where the "+" button was invisible
- Fixes some validation errors
- Improves compatibility with pluskit @import to import a RapidBlog (preview may not look correct but publish should be fine)
- Fixes missing Binding on RapidBlog Icon (cosmetic fix)
- Removes invalid link from Author Name
- Added some tooltips to setup menu
- Fixes Importing problem in RW 4.0
- Improves quality of icon shown during file load/save/export
- Recommended version for RW 4.0 and 3.6
- Fixed comments in IE
- Fixed issues under RW 3.6 -- This version should work fine in 4.0 and 3.6 but please remember it's still beta and report any problems back to me.
Version 1.50B11, May 9, 2008
- Improves the performance and stability under RW4.0. This version is not recommended if you are running RW3.6
Version 1.50B10, May 4, 2008
- RapidBlog now correctly identifies itself as being from Loghound.com
- RapidBlog should now work in RapidWeaver 4.0
- "Next Page" fixes -- The read more link should now always work
Version 1.50B9, April 2, 2008
- Almost too many changes to mention Please note that I'm still calling this 'beta' While a number of people are using it successfully I'm still hunting down various bugs -- The good news is you can try it and then go back to 1.32 if you find problems.
- You can now re-order how things appear in the blog (want the author first, no problem)
- You can Now add custom 'avatars' next to each blog author
- Fixed a number of PHP warnings (not really problems per se but some people would see them in server logs)
- You can now add a 'read older posts' at the bottom of the blog
- Error messaging has been improved
- A optional 'show/hide' comments can be added
- Permalinks can now be either a seperate line or the post title
- You can now define a custom 'comment intro' (previously the comments always were "xx said...."
- It now works properly in Chinese
- The setup is no longer a drop down pane but follows the new convention to be it's own window
- Docs not available yet but will be forthcoming
Version 1.32, Jan 18, 2008
- Blogger made changes that broke permalinks -- this version works around it.
Version 1.31, Jan 14, 2008
- Improved the token field use in categories
- Added special parsing to 'interblog' to make it easier
- Fixed some authentication problems some folks had
Version 1.28, Nov 14, 2007
- Fixed problem with Tiger where the comment was always displayed
Version 1.27, Nov 14, 2007
- Fixed the problem with Summary View and the new blogger feed types
Version 1.26, Nov 13, 2007
- Fixed problem where google changing it's documented behavior caused only the first letter of the title to show up
Version 1.25, Oct 31, 2007
- Fixed comment problemin leopard
Version 1.24, Oct 28, 2007
- Fixed leopard compatability issues (should work great in tiger also)
- Modified the rss feed so that FeedBurner should be happier.
Version 1.23, Oct 21, 2007
* Fix comments now showing up in IE
* Fix comment count in Polish
* Changed the size of the space between inline comments to be smaller. There is now a CSS class 'blog-entry-comments-break' if you want to fine tune this size (set it to '2em' to go back to old size)
* Fixed a problem where sometimes blog pictures weren't assigned unique names
Version 1.22, Oct 16, 2007
* Rapidblog will now empty out the entry ID after a 404 error. To read more about why you might care see http://loghound.com/Rapidblog/404/index.html
* RapidBlog now handles character encoding conversation a bit differnetly (and perhaps better ---)
* RapidBlog will not properly reflect draft status of imported blogs
* RapidBlog will now show the number of comments regardless of the language choice in the blogger engine.
* You can now have 'blogger' style comments enter via a poup menu (much requested)
* Fixed a problem with Blog header text where it was limited widht in edit mode
Version 1.21, September 26, 2007
* You can now reverse the comments (to be most recent last) if you use blogger style comments
* Fixed a problem with iso-8859-1 encodings
Version 1.20, September 14, 2007
* Fixed a problem with syncing and potential timeouts with very slow connections
* Version 1.2 final.
Version 1.2B8, September 7, 2007
* Fixed a problem with UTF-8 categories
Version 1.2B7, August 29, 2007
* Fixed a problem with Blog Imports -- Barring any new problems this will be released as 1.2 final in a few days
Version 1.2B6, August 20, 2007
* First public release of the '1.2' series. Please read this carefully before upgrading as it's file format has changed.
* Brand new backend -- Should be more reliable.
* RapidBlog should validate 100% valid HTML
* RapidBlog now handles more than 25 comments
* RapidBlog should render faster
* New error handling -- Should be more clear
* You can now specify 'show me the last 'n' quotes' without a time limit
* Category view now shows all posts
* Showing number of comments is now free
* various other fixes and enhancements
Version 1.18, June 14, 2007
* Fixed the problem caused by my rush release of 1.17 where the archive stopped working. You will need to republish to get this fix.
Version 1.17, June 13, 2007
* Fixed a problem where RapidBlog didn't handle comments or permalinks properly with new blogger feeds. I recommend everyone upgrade to this version. You will need to republish to get the fix.
* Improved HTML import (especially for links, no longer carries the underline or blue tag)
* Improved support of shift-jis
Version 1.15, May 13, 2007
* Fixed a UTF text rendering issue with Safari for comments.
* Tightened up the spacing beween blog posts and the editor.
Version 1.13, May 1, 2007
* Fixed the date problem introduced in 1.12
Version 1.12, April 30, 2007
* Fixed a problem where whitespace was occasionally ignored on embedded HTML during render.
* Fixed a problem where a post was being edited could be lost before syncing.
Version 1.11, April 27, 2007
* Fixed a problem with the RSS feeds not redirecting properly
Version 1.1, April 26, 2007
* Fixed a problem with viewing the blog in IE.
* Added a few more date fixes
I'm going to begin work on 1.2, yummy new features!
Version 1.1B8, April 15, 2007
* Fixed a problem where the interblog stopped showing up
* Added a few more date formats
I'm getting close to releasing 1.1 final (assuming no major problems found with this build) so let me know if you have any urgent defects. After 1.1 final is released I begin working on 1.2 so send me your feature requests.
Version 1.1B7, April 10, 2007
* Fixed the 'divide by zero' problem if a interblog of 0 is selected
* Categories can now have spaces (again)
* Fixed the problem where a single post would show archive entries in 1969
* Fixed a problem in category view where not all posts would show in category view if a large number of posts fit.
Version 1.1B6, Mar 31, 2007
This is a fairly large change -- It has a lot of fun new functionality but also probably some less fun bugs. Proceed with this version only if you enjoy playing around.
* Localized Dates. You can now provide a 'translation' dictionary to localize the dates as you like. Even if you speak English this could be fun (e.g. rename "Wednesday" to "Humpday") See the setup menu
* "Header", "Footer" and "Interblog" text is now available
* RSS Feed now identifies itself properly, you can add it as a feed in safari
* More descriptive error messages
* GUI redesign to get rid of useless boxes, should be more clean.
* Archive's will not (mostly) skip months with no posts -- This is an odd feature that I'll need to describe better how it works but basically when you publish RapidBlog makes notes of what months you had posts. When the blog is actually viewed however RapidBlog assumes everything since the last publish should have an archive month. If you publish your site fairly frequently it should all work out fine.
* You can now select archives to view 'Earliest First' or 'Oldest First'
* The RSS Feed has an experimental new feature to support Simile Timelines, Simply add the parameter "?output=timeline" to the end of the rss feed (default to blogRSS.php) and it will return posts in a format that Simile can understand. I've gotten this working but it seems a bit finicky, if you get it working I'd be curious how it looks (especially if you can style it to match your site).. Lee me know
* Lots of various little internal Fixes & Tweaks.
Version 1.1B3, Mar 13, 2007
* First public 1.1 release -- If 1.0 works for you, you should consider sticking on it until 1.1 final is out
* Haloscan support is now implemented. You can choose between either blogger commenting or Haloscan
* Fixed a problem with DOM tree rendering. RapidBlog should now render out pages exactly as the built in Blog client
* Fixed a problem where when an error occured it would show up (incorrectly!) as a '_fastEncodingInCFStringError' -- if you were seeing that in 1.0 it meant some other error had occured but this was mistakenly sometimes displayed.
Version 1.0, Mar 10, 2007
* Improved category display & detection. Under certain circumstances (and possibly due to blogger bugs?) some categories were not being displayed -- Also in preview mode it wasn't always accurate. Categories should now always be accurate.
* Fixed a problem with importing RapidFlickr & RapidBlog into the same page.
* Version 1.0! Now the fun begins on 1.1 feature enhancements
Version 1.0B12, Mar 6, 2007
* RSS Feeds now show the 'link' icon in the URL bar of firefox/safari/etc.
* New RSS option "Blog Title" which will show up as the blog title in RSS feed **IMPORTANT** the default is "A Great Blog" You probably want to change it!
* Fixed a problem where marking a post for deleting wouldn't always be noticed.
* Fixed a problem where the month of February was sometimes ignored in Archives.
* New Error Reporting. Some errors return HTML which I previously just displayed as plain text. Errors Dialog now has a 'HTML' option which will show you it rendered as HTML. Eventually I'll just select the right one automatically but since I need to wait until Blogger returns an error (it's been behaving itself recently) to actually test it I decided to make it user controllable for now.
Version 1.0B10, Feb 23, 2007
* Leopard Compatibility (previously it didn't work with leopard giving you a 'invalid password' when you tried syncing)
* (temporary) fix to a fairly nasty problem where on certain situations it would think a post was deleted remotely and then delete it locally. Now I never delete local posts (I'll put this back in once I rework the logic)
Version 1.0B9, Feb 20, 2007
* UTF8 byte sequences longer than 2 bytes (required in some languages) didn't render properly in blog posts, this release fixes that.
Version 1.0B8, Feb 19, 2007
* All user inputs ('read more', 'comments', etc.) now should work fine with any UTF8 character. Go ahead change the 'Read More' string to "všehochuťｷﺢﺊ꒦" if you like
* I've finally hit upon a sane solution to the hang problem (see 1.0B7 release notes). It should not hang during publish anymore and it won't have the painful 'unselection' problem that 1.0B7 had (yahoo! This has been a real bear to fix involving multiple threads, locks, deadlocks, etc.)
* Fixed problems with Link. The link panel would not show up if there was no Base URL set (now it warns) -- Additionally previously if you linked something and then immediately published the link was gone (fixed)
* Fixed 'array_multisort' error if you had no entries
* Fixed a problem with new posts showing up with dates in 1969 in preview mode (this was most harmless since it published OK, it was just annoying in preview mode)
Version 1.0B7, Feb 15, 2007
* Fixed some problems introduced in 1.0B5 and 1.0B6 about how posts were handled and edited.
* You can now use any valid UTF8 characters in categories except for those that Blogger doesn't allow (<>!",@)
* Fixed rendering issue for GUI during publish.
* I've finally tracked down and fixed (I believe) the occasional hang that occurred during a publish. With this fix in place I can't get it to happen any more but if you have a problem with RW hanging during the RapidBlog portion of a publish PLEASE let me know. One unfortunate side effect of this fix is after a publish or a preview the table get's deselected and you cannot edit the text box any more. Simply select the post in the table to continue editing (I hope to get rid of this in the next release)
Version 1.0B6, Feb 15, 2007
* Fixed a problem in 1.0B5 where new posts didn't display
* Improved error reporting for "URLWithString" error. It may still happen but now it'll report more details to help debug.
* Improved error reporting if it can't find your blog. It will now give you a list of blogs it does know about
* Table is now 'sane'. Sort by post date and the column width is more reasonable
* After a manual sync RapidBlog should now internally notice if pictures need to be re-uploaded. If you find pictures aren't showing up you should be able to force them to be re-uploaded by manual sync and then a 'publish' (this works great for my testing, let me know if you still see problems)
Version 1.0B5, Feb 14, 2007
**This version has quite a few internal changes and limited testing. It's only recommended if it fixes a specific problem or if you enjoy bleeding edge**
* Changes to UTF8 coding. Blog's should now display properly if you have UTF8 or iso-8859-1 (Latin 1) encodings set
* Fixed categories to disallow certain chars not supported by blogger (@<>,!"), fixed problem with single quote in categories
* Changed how rich text was setup. Now it's only loaded on demand (should improve load times)
* Fixed a occasional problem where the error window would lock up RW
Version 1.0B4, Feb 13, 2007
* Fixed references on windows based servers
* Categories now show up in preview mode
* Improved detection & reporting of blogger errors.
* Improved recognition of invalid dates
* The dreaded "Updating Bindings" hang should be gone for good.
Version 1.0B3, Feb 12, 2007
* This is a very small update that fixes a fatal error in 1.0B2 and RSS feeds (1.0B2 broke RSS feeds)
Version 1.0B2, Feb 11, 2007
First round of fixes based on first public beta
* Fixed a problem with Sitemap and imported blogs causing an error
* Permalinks can now be turned off
* Number of comments (e.g. (3) ) now follow the gui properly
* Improved detection of error conditions and error reporting
* Fixed a problem with pluskit, rapidflickr and RapidBlog where an imported RapidFlickr page would break the RapidBlog render
* Fixed a problem for some folks where the post dates were showing in the 'distant past' (e.g before 1974)
* Changed the comment text from "Said" to "said"
* Fix a problem with open_basedir (security) where it couldn't load pear.php. Now it should work (although I can't test it myself with 100% accuracy)
* Added additional CSS for styling, see the FAQ under 'Custom CSS' to see how you can style the comments
Version 1.0B1, Feb 9, 2007
* Initial release