Friday, Aug 4 2006 11:55 PM
So it seems that everyone and their mother is giving out predictions for Leopard and WWDC in general. For what it's worth here are my thoughts.
- New Mac Pros (that's a gimme), upgrade MBP+MB+IMacs+mac mini to core 2. New Displays with eyesight.
- Ipod: No significant announcements (although I'd love the rumored ipod+ebook reader!) -- Maybe a '8Gb' Nano
- Intel: "our most successful transition ever"
- All of the usual goodies (safari 3.0, upgrades to core apps such as mail, addresss book, etc.)
- Timeframe: no way will it be released this year. Figure Jan/Feb 07 at earliest (I may live to eat these words!)
- Garbage collection in Obj-c!
- Improvements to Core Video/Audio/Graphics/Data. Quartz 2D extreme (whatever its called) officially turned on
- Virtualization: no big news here. Parallels type solution (perhaps) or boot camp but nothing radically new
- XCode 3.0 -- A nice incremental upgrade.
- Dashcode is finally announced (even though it ships with macbooks!)
Next Page -->